Putting together a mini-coockout for a friend’s birthday, this weekend:
- Corn on the cob
- Boston baked beans
- Redskin potato salad
- Cottage cheese with cherries that may or may not meet Mr. Honeycomb
- A pitcher of 6x scaled Jungle Bird because tikki will not be denied
- A vinaigrette of lemon juice/zest, olive oil, salt & pepper, crushed garlic, and sharp mustard
- Salad greens to be determined. Whatever looks best in the morning and some good radishes are already set aside with carrots and I will quick pickle some onion strips just before.
- Protein to be determined but will definitely involve sausages on rolls with sweated onion and bell pepper
- Maybe some soft cheese if I have any money left. I won’t have any money left. Damn it 😦
Entertainment to include a dart cabinet set up in the yard, airgun range of steel targets, a soccer goal, and assorted skateboards/kick scooters/bicycles as I live on a steepish road. What’s the worst that could happen?