This Thanksgiving will be much simplified from usual plans:
– No homemade rolls, bread, or biscuits; they have been outsourced.
– Spatchcocked and high-roast turkey with compound butter rub under the skin.
– Sausage stuffing with plenty of sage
– Kale gratin
– Cranberry sauce, homemade
– Mashed neeps and tatties
– Pressure cooker butternut squash soup
– Chunky mashed leftover roast acorn squash
– No punch bowl 😦
– One bottle of decent white wine
– No homemade pie. A tragedy, but the move is still a never-ending hell and I do not have time.
But, it will be a good Thanksgiving weekend with a friend home from Europe to take a hike and another back from Out of state for a bit.