Having the back of your head body-slammed into a windowsill.
Monthly Archives: October 2013
– 2 oz. Rye
– 1/2 oz. Fernet Branca
– 1/2 oz. Simple syrup (1/3 oz. if you lack a sweet tooth, like me. And let the wonderful bitters shine.)
– A dash of Angostura bitters
– Strip of lemon peel
Stir the rye/bitters/Fernet/syrup with ice and strain into a glass. Spritz with oil from the lemon zest, wipe the rim with the zest for good measure, and fuck it, drop the peel in at the end.
Grocery store had crosscut beef shank bargain binned. Braised it in the pressure cooker with stout/chunk of red bell pepper/celery/garlic cloves/carrot bits/salt/chili powder, liquid and spent veggies immersion-blended and reduced to serve with mashed sweet potato (simmered in dried onion/tomato/chili/basil soaking water from some pasta the other day and finished with cream and butter) and wilted kale.
Listening to a father gripe about bullying while insisting that hitting is better than verbal threatening…
My head hurts.
I was just given ~15 lbs of celery and four shopping bags of kale from a neighbor’s garden. How can I put this kale away without ruining it?
1. Should I pick up some Dresden Files to start reading?
2. Why are 16″ lightweight, mid-length 1-in-7″ AR barrels so hard to find?
3. Do I really need to drool over the Japanese whiskey at the likker stoah? Trick question. Yes.