It is winter in New Hampshire, my driveway is steep, it is snowing, and the sand I laid out last night has frozen over. I do not fault you for re-scheduling my tank fill.
I do have issue with the fact that you walked down my driveway to check the tank level, passed my door in the process, did not talk to me, walked back to your truck, called your company, and sat at the top of my driveway while they called me to tell me that I would not get my fill today.
It’ll be the most HSLD smokepole I own outside of my G23.
…If you take an absolute piece-of-shit $7 Wally-World 4x rim-fire scope and mount it to a lightweight 30-06 with a completely inappropriate 11mm dovetail?
I intend to find out. And as always; I am easily amused.
- Deliver my grandmother’s new glasses to her and let the kids hang out at her house for a bit.
- Take the kids to see a friend of mine I have neglected lately.
- Drop the kids off at my parents’ house so I can take my wife to pick up the books and supplies she will need this semester.
- Hope I don’t have to go road rage on a highway full of vacationing Massholes.
- Make supper for the family.
- Another friend wants me to go to the brewpub for food and a pint of stout after his rough week.
Situation dire. Out of blended scotch and still have ginger ale to neutralize.
I have removed the old junk 2.5x scope from my long-time .177 QB78 and ordered a new Leapers 4-16x50mm scope with sun shade, a set of high rings, an oversize bolt handle, and am going to pick up a sling stud to screw into the stock to mount my Caldwell bipod.
The rifle was getting ~.18″ groups with little effort at ten meters from an unstable bench in bad light before. We’ll see what it can do at the end of this week. I have visions of afternoons shooting baited yellow jackets at 18 meters.
The day’s agenda is full but my wife is down with a migraine. Bah.